The whole family will enjoy this hearty lamb chop stew.
The ingredient of Lamb chop stew by Matt Preston
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1kg lamb chops, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 parsnip, sliced
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 cups peas
The instruction how to make Lamb chop stew by Matt Preston
- Heat oven to 160C. Heat half the oil in a heavy based casserole dish. Brown the chops in batches over medium heat then remove to a plate.
- Turn heat down, add remaining olive oil and fry onion gently until soft. Add garlic, celery, carrot and parsnip and cook for 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add chopped tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar and stir to combine. Return chops to the casserole, then pour over water to cover, stirring again to combine.
- Add the sprigs of rosemary, cover the casserole and cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove any fat from the surface with a large spoon and add the peas.
- Cook on the stove top with the lid off to reduce the sauce slightly until the peas are cooked through.
Nutritions of Lamb chop stew by Matt Prestoncalories: