Start stewing! A great winter warmer is here.
The ingredient of Beef and plum casserole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 750g diced gravy beef
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, halved, sliced
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup plum jam
- 2 1/2 cups Massel beef stock
- Steamed broccolini, to serve
The instruction how to make Beef and plum casserole
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Heat half the oil in a large, heavy-based, flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in dish. Add onion, garlic, carrot and parsnip. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Return beef to dish. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add bay leaves and rosemary.
- Stir in worcestershire sauce, plum jam and stock. Cover dish. Bring to the boil. Transfer to oven. Bake for 2 hours or until beef is tender. Remove and discard bay leaves. Serve with broccolini.
Nutritions of Beef and plum casserolecalories: 568.82 calories
calories: 17.2 grams fat
calories: 5.2 grams saturated fat
calories: 53.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 47.2 grams protein
calories: 111 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1047 milligrams sodium