For a comforting winter stew recipe try Evas goulash.
The ingredient of Evas goulash
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1kg beef chuck steak, trimmed, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 medium brown onions, halved, sliced
- 3 rashers shortcut bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 1/2 cups hot water
- 400g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Steamed white rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Evas goulash
- Place flour, paprika and salt and pepper in a snap-lock bag. Add steak. Toss to coat. Shake off excess. Place on a plate.
- Heat half the oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook garlic, onion and bacon for 10 minutes or until onion is light golden. Transfer to a bowl. Add remaining oil. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook steak, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Return garlic mixture to pan.
- Add red wine and hot water, adding more water to completely cover, if necessary. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Add mushrooms, lemon rind and lemon juice. Cook for 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream. Top with parsley. Serve with rice.
Nutritions of Evas goulashcalories: 903.659 calories
calories: 34.8 grams fat
calories: 14.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 72.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 67 grams protein
calories: 182 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 578 milligrams sodium