Start stewing! A great winter warmer is here.
The ingredient of Beef bourguignon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 750g gravy beef, trimmed, cut into 3cm cubes
- 8 eschalots, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 middle bacon rashers, trimmed, chopped
- 200g button mushrooms
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, halved, sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 cup Massel beef stock
- 1 bouquet garni
- Mashed potato, to serve
The instruction how to make Beef bourguignon
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Heat half the oil in a large, heavy-based, flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in dish. Add eschalots, garlic, bacon, mushrooms and carrot. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until eschalots start to soften. Return beef to dish. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in wine and stock. Add bouquet garni. Cover dish. Bring to the boil. Transfer to oven. Bake for 2 hours or until beef is tender. Remove and discard bouquet garni. Serve with mashed potato.
Nutritions of Beef bourguignoncalories: 526.039 calories
calories: 23 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 57 grams protein
calories: 156 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1106.29 milligrams sodium