Start stewing! A great winter warmer is here.
The ingredient of Rich beef goulash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 750g gravy beef, trimmed, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 large red capsicums, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 cups Massel beef stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Cooked egg noodles
- Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, to serve
- Sour cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Rich beef goulash
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Heat half the oil in a large, heavy-based, flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in dish. Add onion, garlic, mushrooms and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Return beef to dish. Add flour and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add bay leaves.
- Stir in stock and tomato. Cover dish. Bring to the boil. Transfer to oven. Bake for 2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Spoon 1/4 cup liquid from goulash into a bowl. Add sour cream. Stir until smooth and combined. Add to goulash. Stir to combine. Serve with egg noodles, parsley and sour cream.
Nutritions of Rich beef goulashcalories: 483.736 calories
calories: 21.9 grams fat
calories: 7.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 19.2 grams carbohydrates
calories: 49.3 grams protein
calories: 124 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 827 milligrams sodium