Start stewing! A great winter warmer is here.
The ingredient of Italian beef ragu
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 750g gravy beef, trimmed, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, halved, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 4 slices pancetta, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup Massel beef stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- Cooked pasta, to serve
The instruction how to make Italian beef ragu
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Heat half the oil in a large, heavy-based, flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in dish. Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery and pancetta. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Return beef to dish. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add bay leaves, thyme, rosemary and sage.
- Stir in vinegar, wine, stock and tomato. Cover. Bring to the boil. Transfer to oven. Bake for 2 hours or until beef is tender. Serve with pasta.
Nutritions of Italian beef ragucalories: 434.502 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 12 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 49 grams protein
calories: 130 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 659.8 milligrams sodium