Start stewing! A great winter warmer is here.
The ingredient of Moroccan tagine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 750g gravy beef, trimmed, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, halved, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups Massel beef stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Green beans, to serve
- Steamed green beans
The instruction how to make Moroccan tagine
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Heat half the oil in a large, heavy-based, flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in dish. Add onion, garlic, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Return beef to dish. Add flour and seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add bay leaves and cinnamon.
- Stir in stock and tomatoes. Cover dish. Bring to the boil. Transfer to oven. Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Stir in chickpeas. Bake for 30 minutes or until beef is tender. Remove and discard cinnamon and bay leaves. Serve with mash and beans.
Nutritions of Moroccan taginecalories: 491.862 calories
calories: 18.7 grams fat
calories: 5.4 grams saturated fat
calories: 27.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 49.3 grams protein
calories: 111 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1650 milligrams sodium