Nothing is as comforting on cold winter nights as a big bowl of stew.
The ingredient of Veal goulash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.25kg boneless veal shoulder, cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 brown onions, halved, sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 690g bottle Italian tomato passata sauce
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 2 cups Massel chicken style or vegetable liquid stock
- 2 small desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- cooked spaghetti, to serve
The instruction how to make Veal goulash
- Preheat oven to 130u00b0C. Heat oil in a large, flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Add one-third of the veal. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Remove to a bowl. Repeat in 2 batches with remaining veal.
- Reduce heat to low. Add onions and capsicum to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until soft. Add paprika and caraway seeds. Cook for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add wine. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return veal to pan. Add passata, bay leaves, stock and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Bake for 2 1/2 hours or until veal and potatoes are tender. Remove bay leaves.
- Spoon goulash over pasta. Serve.
Nutritions of Veal goulashcalories: 555.197 calories
calories: 13 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 14 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8 grams sugar
calories: 88 grams protein
calories: 198 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 626.34 milligrams sodium