This traditional French dish is an exciting alternative to ordinary chicken stew.
The ingredient of Coq au vin
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1kg chicken thigh pieces, bone and skin intact
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 rashers rindless bacon, diced
- 300g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 8 eschallots, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 sprigs thyme
The instruction how to make Coq au vin
- Combine flour and salt and pepper in a snap-lock bag. Add chicken pieces and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add bacon, mushrooms, eschallots, garlic and any remaining flour to pan. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add wine, stock, bay leaf and thyme. Stir until well combined. Return chicken pieces to pan and turn to coat in sauce. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Nutritions of Coq au vincalories: 806.864 calories
calories: 61 grams fat
calories: 18 grams saturated fat
calories: 6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1 grams sugar
calories: 51 grams protein
calories: 231 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1022.88 milligrams sodium