Start stewing! A great winter warmer is here.
The ingredient of Massaman curry
- 2 tablespoons Alfa One rice bran oil
- 750g gravy beef, trimmed, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup massaman curry paste
- 1 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 270ml can coconut milk
- 2 large desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cardamom pods, bruised
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Dry-roasted peanuts, chopped, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Massaman curry
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Heat half the oil in a heavy-based, flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in dish. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add curry paste. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Return beef to dish. Add stock, coconut milk, potato, bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom, fish sauce, lemon juice and sugar. Cover. Bring to the boil.
- Transfer to oven. Bake for 2 hours or until beef is tender. Remove and discard cinnamon and cardamom. Serve with rice, peanuts and coriander.
Nutritions of Massaman currycalories: 564.279 calories
calories: 27 grams fat
calories: 15 grams saturated fat
calories: 31 grams carbohydrates
calories: 19 grams sugar
calories: 48 grams protein
calories: 126 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1938.8 milligrams sodium