The ingredient of Osso Buco
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- Salt & ground black pepper
- 1.5kg 3cm-thick veal stewing chops (forequarter or neck), all excess fat trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 160mls (2/3 cup) dry white wine
- 1 400g can diced tomatoes
- 185mls (3/4 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Osso Buco
- Place the flour on a large plate and season with salt and pepper. Toss the veal chops in the flour, shaking off excess flour.
- Heat oil in large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chops in 2 batches and cook for 4 minutes each side or until browned. Remove from pan.
- Add onion and garlic to pan with 1/2 the wine and cook, covered, over low heat for 10 minutes or until the onion is soft. Stir in remaining wine, undrained tomatoes, stock and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Return chops to pan and mix well. Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 11/2 hours. Partially cover and cook for a further 30 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly and veal is tender.
- Meanwhile, to make the gremolata, combine the parsley, lemon rind and garlic in a small bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle with gremolata and serve.
Nutritions of Osso Bucocalories: 557.109 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 103 grams protein
calories: 237 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 416.92 milligrams sodium