Ratatouille is a classic French eggplant and zucchini stew. It makes an elegant and tasty vegetarian filling for lasagne.
The ingredient of Ratatouille lasagne
- 60g butter
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 1L (4 cups) milk
- 70g (1 cup) finely grated parmesan
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 x 250g pkt dried lasagne sheets
- 1/2 quantity of Ratatouille (see Related Recipe)
- 250g mozzarella, sliced
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Ratatouille lasagne
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until foaming. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture bubbles and begins to come away from the side of the pan. Remove from heat.
- Gradually add half the milk, whisking constantly with a balloon whisk until smooth. Gradually add the remaining milk, whisking until smooth and combined.
- Place over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens and coats the back of the spoon. Remove from heat. Stir in parmesan. Season with salt, nutmeg and cayenne pepper.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Spread one-third of the sauce over the base of a 3L (12-cup) capacity rectangular baking dish. Top with half the lasagne sheets. Top with half the ratatouille. Continue layering with remaining sauce, lasagne sheets and ratatouille. Top with the mozzarella.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden. Set aside for 10 minutes to stand. Serve with mixed salad leaves.
Nutritions of Ratatouille lasagnecalories: 600.607 calories
calories: 30 grams fat
calories: 18 grams saturated fat
calories: 51 grams carbohydrates
calories: 16 grams sugar
calories: 29 grams protein
calories: 83 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 541.79 milligrams sodium