Somewhere between a soup and a stew, this one-pot wonder features beetroot, potato and beef fillet.
The ingredient of Borscht with beef fillet
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 large potato, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 450g can whole baby beets, drained, roughly chopped
- 3 cups (240g) finely shredded savoy cabbage (about 1/4 small cabbage)
- 1.25L (5 cups) Massel beef stock
- 200g beef fillet, very thinly sliced across the grain
- 4 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
The instruction how to make Borscht with beef fillet
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes until lightly golden. Add the potato, beetroot, cabbage, stock and some salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer gently over low heat for 15 minutes or until the potato is tender.
- Divide the beef slices among 4 warmed soup bowls. Spoon over the hot soup (the heat will lightly cook the beef), then serve topped with yoghurt and chives.
Nutritions of Borscht with beef filletcalories: 321.216 calories
calories: 18 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 19 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12 grams sugar
calories: 19 grams protein
calories: 33 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1366.29 milligrams sodium