A little sweet, a little spicy and all delicious, this lamb tagine is a delight for the senses.
The ingredient of Tunisian-style lamb tagine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Masterfoods Moroccan Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 800g lamb leg mini roast, excess fat removed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 large brown onion, halved, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, cut into 6cm pieces
- 1 large truss tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- 8 large fresh dates
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
The instruction how to make Tunisian-style lamb tagine
- Combine oil, Moroccan seasoning, cayenne pepper and ground coriander in a bowl. Add lamb and toss to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight to marinate.
- Add the onion, capsicum and tomato to the lamb mixture. Toss to combine. Transfer to a 1L (4-cup) capacity flameproof tagine. Top with dates. Cover and cook over low heat for 1 hour or until lamb is very tender. Divide tagine among serving dishes. Top with coriander sprigs.
Nutritions of Tunisian-style lamb taginecalories: 304.964 calories
calories: 16 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 11 grams carbohydrates
calories: 11 grams sugar
calories: 29 grams protein
calories: 93 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 187.98 milligrams sodium