This healthy Mediterranean-inspired soup is packed full of goodness and so easy to make.
The ingredient of Lentil & tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 x 400g pkt vegetable Mix
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 x 400g can diced Italian tomatoes
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 500ml (2 cups) boiling water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 multigrain rolls, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Lentil & tomato soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and vegetable mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until the onion softens.
- Add the lentils, tomato, stock and water to the pan. Cover and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, partially covered, for 8-10 minutes or until the vegetable mixture is just tender. Add the parsley and stir until well combined. Taste and season with pepper.
- Ladle the soup among serving bowls and serve with the rolls, if desired.
Nutritions of Lentil & tomato soupcalories: 418.25 calories
calories: 8.5 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 65 grams carbohydrates
calories: 19 grams protein