This hearty stew features melt-in-the-mouth veal drenched in a sweet marmalade sauce.
The ingredient of Osso buco in marmalade sauce
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 4 large (1.2kg) veal osso buco
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small celery stalk, trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 dried bay leaves
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Steamed green beans, to serve
The instruction how to make Osso buco in marmalade sauce
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Sprinkle flour on a large plate. Season with salt and pepper. Coat both sides of osso buco in flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large, heavy- based flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Cook osso buco, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in dish over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring often, for 7 minutes or until softened. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomato paste. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Increase heat to high. Add wine. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in stock, marmalade, thyme and bay leaves. Return osso buco and any juices to dish. Cover. Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Remove lid. Cook for a further 30 minutes or until osso buco is very tender and sauce reduces slightly. Remove and discard thyme sprigs and bay leaves. Serve with mashed potato and beans.
Nutritions of Osso buco in marmalade saucecalories: 639.086 calories
calories: 21.1 grams fat
calories: 6.2 grams saturated fat
calories: 55 grams carbohydrates
calories: 48.2 grams protein
calories: 107 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 750 milligrams sodium