Peperonata is a rustic, simple stew of ripe tomatoes and capsicums from regional Italy.
The ingredient of Honey mustard mini roast with peperonata
- 2 x 300g lamb mini-roasts
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- Olive oil
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red capsicums seeded, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn, plus extra leaves to serve
The instruction how to make Honey mustard mini roast with peperonata
- Preheat oven to hot, 200C. Using a small, sharp knife, make several deep incision into the lamb and press a slice of garlic into each slit. Brush with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place lamb on a greased wire rack in a baking dish. Then add water to baking dish.
- Bake lamb for 25 mins. Remove from oven and spread with combined honey and mustard. Return to oven and bake for a further 10-20 mins, until cooked to taste. Rest lamb for 10 mins, loosely covered with foil, before serving.
- Meanwhile to make the peperonata, heat oil in a large frying pan on medium. Saute capsicum, onion and garlic for 2-3 mins until capsicum softens slightly. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 mins until tender. Stir in the basil and season to taste.
- Serve lamb with peperonata. Sprinkle with extra basil leaves.
Nutritions of Honey mustard mini roast with peperonatacalories: