An all-American favourite, succotash is a creamy stew of beans, corn and bacon.
The ingredient of Bacon-wrapped chicken with succotash
- 4 x 170g chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 12 streaky bacon rashers or flat pancetta slices
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 cup (250ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 400g can butter beans, rinsed, drained
- 400g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 200ml thickened cream
The instruction how to make Bacon-wrapped chicken with succotash
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C and line a tray with baking paper. Season the chicken, then sprinkle with half the thyme. Wrap 2 bacon rashers around each fillet. Chop remaining bacon and set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frypan over medium heat. Cook chicken for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to tray and bake for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, wipe the chicken pan and return to medium heat. Add the remaining oil, onion, garlic, reserved chopped bacon and thyme. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring, until bacon crisps. Add the flour and stir for 1 minute. Add the stock, bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low. Add beans and corn and simmer for 2 minutes. Add cream, stir until heated through. Season. Serve the bacon-wrapped chicken with succotash on the side.
Nutritions of Bacon-wrapped chicken with succotashcalories: 1028.178 calories
calories: 76 grams fat
calories: 31 grams saturated fat
calories: 17 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 68 grams protein
calories: 2341.66 milligrams sodium