Take stock - and freeze it for soups, stews, risottos and so much more!
The ingredient of Rich beef stock
- 1.5kg beef bones
- 2 medium brown onions, cut into wedges
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 2 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme (single sprigs)
- 2 fresh bay leaves
The instruction how to make Rich beef stock
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Place bones, onion, carrot and celery in a roasting pan. Roast, turning occasionally, for 1 hour 30 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, make bouquet garni. Tie together parsley, thyme and bay leaves with kitchen string.
- Transfer bone mixture, scraping pan, into a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add 5 litres cold water, peppercorns and bouquet garni. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 hours (see tip).
- Place a large piece of muslin cloth in a strainer or fine colander. Strain stock. Discard solids. Cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze (see tips).
Nutritions of Rich beef stockcalories: