Take it slowly or use a pressure cooker with this two-for-one beef stew recipe.
The ingredient of Slow-cooker tomato, basil and eggplant beef
- 750g gravy beef, cut into 5cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1 eggplant, halved, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 1 zucchini, halved, sliced 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 x 410g cans chopped tomatoes (with basil and garlic)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2/3 cup Massel beef stock
- 1/2 cup small fresh basil leaves
- Soft polenta, to serve
The instruction how to make Slow-cooker tomato, basil and eggplant beef
- Place beef and flour in a large snap-lock bag. Season. Seal. Shake to coat. Heat half the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, until browned all over. Transfer to bowl of slow cooker.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion, eggplant and zucchini. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer mixture to slow cooker. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, red wine and stock. Season with pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover with lid. Cook on low for 6 hours or until beef is very tender, stirring halfway during cooking. Stir in basil. Serve with polenta.
Nutritions of Slow-cooker tomato, basil and eggplant beefcalories: 440.716 calories
calories: 16 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 20 grams carbohydrates
calories: 11 grams sugar
calories: 48 grams protein
calories: 126 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1034.63 milligrams sodium