Pomegranate seeds pop with flavour and add vibrancy to this aromatic chicken stew.
The ingredient of Pomegranate chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 800g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut in half
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal couscous
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 pomegranate, seeds dislodged (see Note)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
The instruction how to make Pomegranate chicken
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Season chicken and cook in 2 batches for 4 minutes or until well browned (this will give you a rich dark sauce). Set aside. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook onion, stirring, for 3 minutes or until browned. Add garlic and spices and cook stirring for 1 minute. Return chicken to pan with stock and honey. Bring to a simmer. Gently simmer, turning chicken to coat occasionally, for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place couscous and boiling water in a heatproof bowl. Season with salt and stir. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff up grains with a fork.
- Add pomegranate and walnuts t chicken. Serve chicken with couscous and green beans. Sprinkle with mint.
Nutritions of Pomegranate chickencalories: 683.301 calories
calories: 24 grams fat
calories: 3.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 68 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12.7 grams sugar
calories: 52.1 grams protein
calories: 168 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 308 milligrams sodium