Turn lamb sausages into hearty ragu in this delicious 30 minute meal.
The ingredient of Mid-week lamb ragu
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 brown onion, quartered
- 1 large celery stick, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 600g good quality lamb sausages
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 185ml (3/4 cup) red wine
- 310ml (1 1/4 cups) tomato passata
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 300g dried rigatoni pasta
- Parmesan, shaved, to serve
- Micro herbs, to serve
The instruction how to make Mid-week lamb ragu
- Process the carrot, onion, celery and garlic in u2028a food processor until finely chopped. Heat oil in u2028a frying pan over medium heat. Squeeze sausage u2028meat from sausage casing into pan. Cook, using u2028a wooden spoon to break up meat, for 5 minutes u2028or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add vegetable mixture and bay leaves to pan. Season. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes u2028or until soft. Return sausage meat to pan. Increase heat to high. Add wine. Simmer for 2 minutes u2028or until almost all liquid is evaporated. Stir in passata and sugar. Reduce heat to medium-low u2028and simmer for 6 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted u2028water to the boil over high heat. Cook pasta, following packet directions, or until al dente. Drain, reserving u20282 tbs of the cooking liquid. Return the pasta and reserved cooking liquid to the pan.
- Add ragu to pasta mixture. Toss to combine. Divide among bowls. Sprinkle over parmesan and herbs.
Nutritions of Mid-week lamb ragucalories: 699.553 calories
calories: 28 grams fat
calories: 10 grams saturated fat
calories: 60 grams carbohydrates
calories: 43 grams protein