Make this hearty beef and prune tagine for dinner tonight. Remember to freeze the leftovers for work lunch!
The ingredient of Beef and prune tagine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g Coles Australian Diced Beef
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 3/4 cup (125g) seeded prunes, coarsely chopped
- 150g pkt Coles Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) Coles Brand Couscous
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Steamed baby carrots & broccolini, to serve
The instruction how to make Beef and prune tagine
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add half the beef, and cook, turning, for 3-4 mins or until brown. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until softened. Add the garlic, cumin, coriander, turmeric and ginger. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 mins or until fragrant.
- Add the tomato and stock and bring to the boil. Return the beef to pan. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 mins. Add the prunes and simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 mins or until beef is tender and sauce thickens slightly. Add the spinach and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until wilted.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a heatproof bowl and pour over 1 1/2 (375ml) cups boiling water. Cover and set aside for 5 mins or until all the liquid is absorbed. Use a fork to separate grains. Add the parsley and toss to combine. Divide the couscous among serving bowls and top with the tagine to serve. Serve with baby carrots and broccolini.
Nutritions of Beef and prune taginecalories: