Super-healthy vegetables bathe in a bowl of low-fat lentil soup in this easy winter warmer.
The ingredient of Brown lentil and vegetable soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 4 crusty wholegrain rolls, to serve
The instruction how to make Brown lentil and vegetable soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrots, zucchini, celery and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add tomatoes and stock to pan. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Add lentils to soup. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with parsley and squeeze lemon juice. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve with lemon wedges and bread rolls.
Nutritions of Brown lentil and vegetable soupcalories: 361.368 calories
calories: 8.7 grams fat
calories: 1.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 52 grams carbohydrates
calories: 13 grams protein
calories: 1 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1900 milligrams sodium