The ingredient of Lamb casserole with couscous
- 60mls (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 1kg lean diced lamb
- 2 brown onions, halved, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh red chilli
- 750mls (3 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 medium carrots (about 300g) peeled, cut into thick sticks
- 2 medium parsnips (about 250g), peeled, cut into thick sticks
- 250g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 3cm chunks
- 150g green beans, topped, tailed
- 380g (2 cups) couscous
- 30g (1 1/2 tablespoons) butter
The instruction how to make Lamb casserole with couscous
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large flameproof casserole over medium-high heat. Cook lamb in 3 batches until well browned, adding 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil if needed. Transfer each batch to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and heat remaining oil. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, paprika, ginger and chilli and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the stock, stirring scraping the base of pan to dislodge any residue. Return lamb to the pan and bring to the boil. Cover with lid and cook in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Add the carrots, parsnips, pumpkin and beans. Cook, covered, for 30 minutes or until lamb and vegetables are tender. Remove from heat and transfer to a large, airtight container. Once cool, cover and store until required.
- To serve, gently reheat in a large saucepan. Place couscous in a large heat-resistant bowl and pour 500ml (2 cups) boiling water over while stirring. Cover and stand for 5 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Separate grains with a fork. Stir in butter. Serve with hot casserole.
Nutritions of Lamb casserole with couscouscalories: 973.686 calories
calories: 37 grams fat
calories: 11 grams saturated fat
calories: 84 grams carbohydrates
calories: 10 grams sugar
calories: 70 grams protein
calories: 177 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 999.08 milligrams sodium