This lamb stew recipe has been designed to be cooked in a slow cooker, although instructions are also given for cooking in the oven or stove top.
The ingredient of Lamb neck chops with vegetables
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2kg lamb neck chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed, washed, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 3 small parsnips, peeled, core removed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/3 cup tarragon leaves, roughly chopped
- mashed potato, to serve
The instruction how to make Lamb neck chops with vegetables
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Season with salt and pepper. Lightly coat chops in flour.
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chops, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate, cover and set aside. Add leeks, carrots and parsnips to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add stock and bring to the boil. Remove from heat.
- Spoon vegetables and stock mixture into slow cooker. Place chops on top. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or until meat is tender and sauce is thick. Stir in tarragon. Serve with mashed potato.
Nutritions of Lamb neck chops with vegetablescalories: 503.573 calories
calories: 22 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 14 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 61 grams protein
calories: 171 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 518.45 milligrams sodium