Warm your soul with this hearty beef and chorizo casserole served with creamy parsnip mash and chargrilled sourdough bread.
The ingredient of Beef and chorizo casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1kg Coles Australian Gravy Beef, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 leek, white part only, thickly sliced
- 1 chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) beef stock
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthways, cut into 3cm pieces
- Extra thyme sprigs, to serve
- Grilled sliced Coles Bakery Stone Baked White Sourdough Vienna Loaf, to serve
- 1kg parsnips, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 40g butter
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
The instruction how to make Beef and chorizo casserole
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, in 3 batches, for 5 mins or until browned all over. Transfer to a heatproof plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan over high heat. Add the leek and chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until softened. Add the garlic and paprika and cook for 1 min. Add the tomato, stock and thyme. Season. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Return the beef to the pan. Reduce heat to low. Bring to a simmer. Cook, covered, for 1 1/4 hours. Add the zucchini and cook, uncovered, for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, to make the parsnip mash, place the parsnip in a large saucepan over high heat. Add enough water to cover. Bring to the boil. Cook for 20 mins or until tender. Drain. Transfer the parsnip to a food processor or blender. Add the butter, milk and garlic and process or blend until smooth. Season.
- Divide the parsnip mash and casserole among serving bowls. Sprinkle with the extra thyme leaves and serve with the bread.
Nutritions of Beef and chorizo casserolecalories: