Delicious peanut flavours turn a slow cooked pork stew recipe into a winning winter meal the family will devour.
The ingredient of Pork with peanut and sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1.25kg pork shoulder, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 600g orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 5cm pieces
- 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 dried bay leaves couscous, to serve
The instruction how to make Pork with peanut and sweet potato
- Preheat oven to 130u00b0C. Heat oil in a large, heavy-based flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Add one-third of the pork. Cook for 4 minutes or until browned. Remove to a bowl. Repeat in 2 batches with remaining pork.
- Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Add paprika and tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Return pork to pan. Add pepper, sweet potato, stock, peanut butter and bay leaves. Season with salt and ground white pepper. Stir to combine Bring to the boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Bake for 2 1/2 hours or until pork is tender. Remove and discard bay leaves. Serve with couscous.
Nutritions of Pork with peanut and sweet potatocalories: 443.823 calories
calories: 19 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 19 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9 grams sugar
calories: 46 grams protein
calories: 129 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 626.91 milligrams sodium