Lentils are high in dietary fibre and iron. They are extremely versatile and can be incorporated into soup, salads or stews. In this recipe they add colour and flavour to the spicy side dish.
The ingredient of Chargrilled steak with spiced red lentil salad
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 150g grape tomatoes, halved
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 4 beef scotch steaks or beef rump steaks
The instruction how to make Chargrilled steak with spiced red lentil salad
- Rinse lentils under cold water. Place in a medium saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water.
- Combine oil, 1/4 cup lemon juice, cumin, coriander and sugar in a small bowl.
- Combine lentils, onion, tomatoes and spinach in a bowl. Pour over dressing and toss to combine.
- Heat a greased barbecue plate or chargrill on medium-high heat. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Cook steaks for 2 to 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Serve steaks with lentil salad.
Nutritions of Chargrilled steak with spiced red lentil saladcalories: 395.306 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 19 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 37 grams protein
calories: 64 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 72.38 milligrams sodium