A warming and delicious cool weather soup, this hearty vegetable soup will leave you feeling souper!
The ingredient of Hearty vegetable soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 shortcut rindless bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, trimmed, chopped
- 1/2 (600g) cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 litre Massel beef style liquid stock
- 1 cup dried mini penne pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
The instruction how to make Hearty vegetable soup
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and bacon. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until bacon is golden. Add zucchini, carrot, celery and cauliflower. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until vegetables start to brown.
- Add tomato, stock and 2 cups cold water. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Add pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in basil. Serve.
Nutritions of Hearty vegetable soupcalories: 354.198 calories
calories: 12.9 grams fat
calories: 3.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 36.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 19.5 grams protein
calories: 20 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1634 milligrams sodium