A hearty vegetarian soup packed with spinach and red lentils. Serve with warm crusty rolls.
The ingredient of Spinach & red lentil soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1.25L (5 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 420g (2 cups) red lentils, rinsed
- 1 bunch English spinach, ends trimmed, washed, dried, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 white bread rolls, to serve
The instruction how to make Spinach & red lentil soup
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add the stock and lentils to the pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until lentils are very soft.
- Add spinach to lentil mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Stir in lemon juice. Taste and season with pepper. Ladle soup among bowls and serve with bread rolls.
Nutritions of Spinach & red lentil soupcalories: 522.693 calories
calories: 8 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 68 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 36 grams protein
calories: 1574.84 milligrams sodium