India’s Mughal emperor had two great loves: his wife and food. It was for her that he built stunning edifice the Taj Mahal, and to mark its completion he held a grand feast, serving the most famous of dishes: Shah white chicken korma curry.
The ingredient of White chicken korma curry recipe
- 75g raw cashews
- 400ml Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 long fresh green chillies, deseeded, coarsely chopped, plus extra, sliced, to serve
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons finely grated ginger
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1/4 cup (60ml) grapeseed oil
- 50g butter
- 10 saffron threads
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom seeds
- 100g almond meal
- 1 strip lemon zest
- 4 whole cloves
- 200ml cru00e8me frau00eeche
- 1/2-1 teaspoon caster sugar, to taste
- Saffron rice, to serve
- Fresh mint sprigs, to serve
The instruction how to make White chicken korma curry recipe
- Place the cashews in a heatproof bowl. Heat 100ml of the stock in a small saucepan over low heat until just comes to the boil. Pour over the cashews and set aside.
- Place the onion, chilli, garlic and ginger in a small food processor and blend until finely chopped.
- Place the chicken in a glass or ceramic bowl. Place the onion mixture on a piece of muslin and, holding over the bowl, twist hard to squeeze the juices over the chicken. Reserve the onion pulp. Toss the chicken to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Heat 2 tbs of oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the reserved onion pulp and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes or until aromatic. Move the onion mixture to 1 side of the pot and add the butter to the other side. Once melted, add the saffron, poppy seeds, coriander, cumin and cardamom seeds. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic then stir together. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- Place almond meal, soaked cashews and stock theyu2019ve been soaking in into a blender. Process gradually, adding 100ml of the remaining stock while the motor is running, until the mixture is a wet paste.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and any juices, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the chicken starts to change colour. Add the reserved onion mixture and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until well combined. Add the nut mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the remaining stock and bring to the boil.
- Stud the strip of lemon zest with the cloves and add to the pot. Reduce heat to low and gently simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Discard the lemon zest and cloves. Add the cru00e8me frau00eeche and stir for 2 minutes or until just heated through. Stir in the sugar, to taste and season. Serve with saffron rice, topped with the mint and extra sliced chilli.
Nutritions of White chicken korma curry recipecalories: 1181.616 calories
calories: 80 grams fat
calories: 27 grams saturated fat
calories: 36 grams carbohydrates
calories: 57.7 grams protein