Ready in just under an hour, this creamy soup dish is bursting with the flavours of seasonal pumpkin and fresh herbs making it the perfect meal for lunch or dinner. Serve with crusty bread and itll soon become your new favourite comfort food!
The ingredient of Creamy spiced pumpkin soup with red lentils recipe
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 800g butternut pumpkin, seeded, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (100g) red lentils
- 4 cups (1L) vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- u00bd tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup (60ml) peanut oil
The instruction how to make Creamy spiced pumpkin soup with red lentils recipe
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add cumin, ground coriander and turmeric and cook, stirring, for 30 secs or until aromatic.
- Add the pumpkin, carrot, lentils and stock to the pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 30 mins or until the pumpkin and carrot are tender. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, to make the spiced chickpeas, heat oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the chickpeas, cumin, coriander, paprika and turmeric. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until chickpeas are golden. Set aside to cool slightly.
- To make the coriander oil, place the coriander and oil in a blender and blend until smooth. Season.
- Use a stick blender to blend the pumpkin mixture until smooth. Season. Stir in half the cream. Divide among serving bowls. Drizzle with the coriander oil and remaining cream. Sprinkle with the spiced chickpeas.
Nutritions of Creamy spiced pumpkin soup with red lentils recipecalories: 622.117 calories
calories: 39 grams fat
calories: 12 grams saturated fat
calories: 44 grams carbohydrates
calories: 17 grams sugar
calories: 18 grams protein
calories: 1594 milligrams sodium