This dish needs your patience, but dont all good things take time? Pull out the slow-cooker, set it to delicious and youll have a steaming bowl of Moroccan-style soup that is just perfect for cold, rainy days!
The ingredient of Slow cooker Moroccan-style lamb and lentil soup recipe
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 Coles Australian Lamb Shanks
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 fennel, trimmed reserving fronds, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 tbs Moroccan seasoning
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 6 cups (1.5L) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (100g) French-style lentils
- 1/2 cup (100g) pearl barley
- 1/4 bunch kale, leaves finely shredded
- 1/3 cup (95g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 tbs lemon zest
- 2 tbs coarsely chopped pistachios
The instruction how to make Slow cooker Moroccan-style lamb and lentil soup recipe
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook lamb, turning occasionally, for 8 mins or until browned all over. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Add the onion, carrot, fennel, celery and zucchini. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until vegetables start to brown. Add the Moroccan seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until aromatic. Spoon mixture over the lamb in the slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, lentils and barley to the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high (or 6 hours on low) or until lamb is falling off the bone.
- Transfer lamb to a heatproof bowl. Coarsely shred meat and discard bones. Return to slow cooker with kale. Season.
- To make the pistachio gremolata, combine the mint, lemon zest and pistachio in a small bowl.
- Serve the soup with the yoghurt, gremolata and reserved fennel fronds.
Nutritions of Slow cooker Moroccan-style lamb and lentil soup recipecalories: 494.013 calories
calories: 18 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 46 grams carbohydrates
calories: 16 grams sugar
calories: 30 grams protein
calories: 1809 milligrams sodium