You wont believe the flavour you can create with just four simple ingredients. Make this classic soup in a few easy steps, then let it bubble away until dinnertime.
The ingredient of Lentil, pea & ham soup
- 1 x 500g pkt McKenzies Soup Mix
- 1 x 850g ham hock
- 2L (8 cups) water
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Lentil, pea & ham soup
- Place the soup mix, ham hock, water and thyme in a large saucepan. Cover. Bring to the boil, skimming the surface with a slotted spoon to remove any scum that rises to the surface.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer, partially covered, for 1 1/2 hours or until the ham starts to fall off the bone.
- Remove from heat. Transfer the ham hock to a plate. Set aside until cooled slightly. Remove the ham from the bone. Discard the bone. Shred the ham and return to the soup. Place over low heat and stir until heated through. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Top with mint leaves to serve.
Nutritions of Lentil, pea & ham soupcalories: 515.045 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 57 grams carbohydrates
calories: 46 grams protein