Keep the family warm this winter with this delicious chicken and chorizo bake created by Curtis Stone.
The ingredient of Baked chicken with pumpkin and chorizo
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 chorizo (60g), diced, divided
- 8 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 400g Kent pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 (250g) swede, peeled, cut into 1.5cm pieces (250g)
- 1 (150g) carrot, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 1/4 cups (310ml) chicken stock
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (50g) pepitas (pumpkin seeds), coarsely chopped
- 1 tbs flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tsp chopped thyme, extra
The instruction how to make Baked chicken with pumpkin and chorizo
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C (200u00b0C fan-forced). Heat a large heavy frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbs of the oil and half the chorizo. Cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chorizo to a 23cm x 33cm baking dish. Season the chicken well with salt and pepper. Add half the chicken to the frying pan and cook, turning once, for 6 mins or until golden brown all over. Transfer to the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Pour off all but 2 tsp of the oil from the frying pan. Add the pumpkin, swede, carrot, garlic and thyme to the pan. Cook for 6 mins or until the vegetables are caramelised and beginning to soften. Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix breadcrumbs, pepitas, remaining 1 tbs of the oil and remaining chorizo. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the chicken and vegetables in the baking dish.
- Bake for 20 mins or until the mixture is bubbling and breadcrumb topping is crisp and golden brown. Set aside for 5 mins to cool slightly. Sprinkle with parsley and extra thyme.
Nutritions of Baked chicken with pumpkin and chorizocalories: 815.229 calories
calories: 51 grams fat
calories: 12 grams saturated fat
calories: 20 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8 grams sugar
calories: 66 grams protein
calories: 768 milligrams sodium