As the temperature drops, theres nothing quite like a hearty soup to warm the soul.
The ingredient of Basic leek & potato soup
- 25g butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 500g sebago potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1L Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup thickened cream, plus extra for serving
- Fresh chives, chopped
The instruction how to make Basic leek & potato soup
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add leeks. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add potatoes. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock. Simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Use a stick blender to blend until smooth. Add cream. Simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Season. Sprinkle with chopped chives. Swirl through extra cream, if you like.
Nutritions of Basic leek & potato soupcalories: 226.811 calories
calories: 13.7 grams fat
calories: 7.2 grams saturated fat
calories: 24 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3.1 grams sugar
calories: 3.5 grams protein
calories: 34 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 861 milligrams sodium