Heat things up with this tasty hot and sour tofu soup!
The ingredient of Hot and sour tofu soup
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 8 small red chillies, with stems
- 2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Lemongrass Paste
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable stock powder
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 8 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 star anise
- 375g thick rice stick noodles
- 300g firm tofu, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon tamarind puree
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Long red chilli, thinly sliced, to serve
The instruction how to make Hot and sour tofu soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add chillies, lemon grass paste and garlic and cook for 2 mins or until chillies start to blister. Add stock powder, 8 cups (2L) water, ginger, kaffir lime leaves and star anise. Bring to a simmer and cook, covered, for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 15 mins or until just tender. Drain.
- Add tofu, tamarind and lime juice to the soup and cook for 1 min or until heated through.
- Divide noodles among serving bowls. Fill with soup and top with coriander and sliced chilli to serve.
Nutritions of Hot and sour tofu soupcalories: