Warm up with this hearty chicken and vegetable soup.
The ingredient of Hearty chicken and vegetable soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large carrot, peeled, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 1 swede or turnip, peeled, diced
- 1 1/4 cups dry soup mix, rinsed (see note)
- 8 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1kg skinless chicken lovely legs
The instruction how to make Hearty chicken and vegetable soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft but not coloured. Add carrot, celery, zucchini and swede. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in soup mix, stock, chicken and 1 cup cold water. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until soup mix and vegetables are tender.
- Remove chicken legs from soup. Allow to cool slightly. Remove meat from bones. Roughly chop chicken meat and add to soup. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into warmed bowls. Serve.
Nutritions of Hearty chicken and vegetable soupcalories: 344.638 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 17 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 28 grams protein
calories: 1452.25 milligrams sodium