Combination noodles is a family favourite and becomes a midweek marvel using only six ingredients.
The ingredient of Chinese combination noodle soup
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 450g fresh thin hokkien noodles
- 16 green medium banana prawns, peeled, tails intact, deveined
- 1 bunch baby pak choy, trimmed, washed, leaves separated
- 300g Chinese barbecue pork, thinly sliced (see note)
The instruction how to make Chinese combination noodle soup
- Combine stock, mushrooms and 1 litre cold water in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 20 minutes or until mushrooms have softened. Transfer to a chopping board. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Separate noodles with a fork. Drain. Divide noodles between bowls.
- Bring stock mixture to the boil over high heat. Return mushrooms to pan with prawns and pak choy. Reduce heat. Simmer for 3 minutes or until prawns are cooked through and pak choy is wilted.
- Top noodles with pork. Ladle over soup. Serve.
Nutritions of Chinese combination noodle soupcalories: 385.268 calories
calories: 6.8 grams fat
calories: 1.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 41.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 39.7 grams protein
calories: 144 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1686 milligrams sodium