Youd be hard-pressed trying to find anyone whod say no to this creamy chicken dish. But its not a recipe to cook in a rush. this dish needs at least 4.5 hours in the slow-cooker for the flavours to mingle to perfection. Good things come to those who wait!
The ingredient of Creamy chicken with pumpkin and mushrooms recipe
- 4 Coles Hickory Smoked Shortcut Bacon Rindless rashers, chopped
- 8 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g cup mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 700g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tbs ground paprika
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pouring (pure) cream
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
- Sliced Coles Finest by Laurent Rye Sourdough Vienna bread, toasted, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Creamy chicken with pumpkin and mushrooms recipe
- Cook the bacon in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, stirring, for 5 mins or until golden. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Place the chicken and flour in a large bowl and toss to coat, shaking off excess. Heat the oil in the pan. Add the chicken and cook, in 2 batches, turning, for 5 mins or until browned all over.
- Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker with the onion, garlic, mushroom, pumpkin, paprika and stock. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high (or 6 hours on low) or until the chicken is tender and falling off the bone.
- Stir the cream into the chicken mixture in the slow cooker. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with sourdough and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Creamy chicken with pumpkin and mushrooms recipecalories: 634.545 calories
calories: 37 grams fat
calories: 13 grams saturated fat
calories: 17 grams carbohydrates
calories: 10 grams sugar
calories: 55 grams protein
calories: 591 milligrams sodium