All you need is 35 minutes for this quick, easy and delicious soup.
The ingredient of Thai pumpkin and prawn soup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eschalots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry paste
- 1 litre Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 400g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1/2 x 250g packet dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 800g medium green prawns, peeled, deveined (tails intact)
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 100g green beans, trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus extra lime wedges to serve
- Fresh Thai basil, to serve
- Sliced red chilli, to serve
The instruction how to make Thai pumpkin and prawn soup
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Add onion. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until just golden. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add curry paste. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add stock. Bring to the boil. Add pumpkin. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add noodles. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add prawns. Stir to combine. Cook for 4 minutes or until prawns are pink and cooked through. Add coconut milk and beans. Bring to a simmer. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until beans are tender and soup is hot. Stir in lime juice.
- Using tongs, divide noodles among bowls. Ladle over soup. Top with Thai basil and chilli. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutritions of Thai pumpkin and prawn soupcalories: 451.71 calories
calories: 19.6 grams fat
calories: 8.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 41.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 28.7 grams protein
calories: 161 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1509 milligrams sodium