Make this potato soup ahead of time and reheat for a quick and easy midweek meal.
The ingredient of Potato and cheese soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped, plus extra, to serve
- 1.25kg desiree potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1L (4 cups) chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) milk
- 150g (1 1/2 cups) grated Swiss cheese
- Watercress sprigs, to serve
- 4 shortcut bacon rashers, thinly sliced, fried, to serve
- Grilled parmesan toast, to serve (optional)
- 1/2 cup picked watercress sprigs
- 125ml (1/2 cup) extra virgin olive oil
The instruction how to make Potato and cheese soup
- For the watercress oil, process watercress and olive oil in a small food processor until smooth. Strain through a very fine sieve.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in potato. Increase heat to high. Add stock and rosemary and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, for 15-20 minutes or until potato is tender. Set aside to cool.
- Blend until smooth. Return to medium-low heat. Add milk. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until heated through. Add cheese and stir until smooth. Divide among bowls. Top with watercress oil, extra onion, watercress sprigs and bacon. Serve with toasts, if you like.
Nutritions of Potato and cheese soupcalories: 594.393 calories
calories: 25 grams fat
calories: 13 grams saturated fat
calories: 38 grams carbohydrates
calories: 28 grams protein