Try this flavoursome lasagne meatball soup for a hearty classic with a twist.
The ingredient of Lasagne meatball soup
- 200g Coles Australian 3 Star Beef Mince
- 200g Coles Classic Beef Sausages, casings removed
- 1 brown onion, coarsely grated
- 1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg, lightly whisked
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, extra, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry red wine
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups (500ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 150g curly fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, extra, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Lasagne meatball soup
- Combine the mince, sausage, grated onion, breadcrumbs, egg and mixed herbs in a large bowl. Roll 2-tsp portions of mince mixture into balls. Place on a plate in the fridge for 30 mins to set.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning frequently, for 5 mins or until brown all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of remaining oil in the pan. Add chopped onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add the wine. Bring to the boil. Cook for 2 mins or until wine reduces by half. Return the meatballs to the pan with tomato and stock. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 mins or until vegetables are tender and soup thickens slightly. Add the pasta. Cook for 8 mins or until pasta is al dente.
- Combine parsley, lemon zest, extra garlic and remaining oil in a bowl. Season.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls. Sprinkle with parsley mixture to serve.
Nutritions of Lasagne meatball soupcalories: 615.425 calories
calories: 27 grams fat
calories: 9 grams saturated fat
calories: 51 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12 grams sugar
calories: 30 grams protein
calories: 939 milligrams sodium