Our favourite cream of cauliflower soup recipe is reinvented in this low-fat version.
The ingredient of Cream of cauliflower soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 650g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 small (about 250g) sebago (brushed) potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 625ml (2 1/2 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 330ml (1 1/3 cups) water
- 80ml (1/3 cup) extra light thickened cream
- Extra light thickened cream, extra, to serve
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Salt, to season
The instruction how to make Cream of cauliflower soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5-6 minutes or until soft.
- Add the cauliflower, potato, stock and water. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until the cauliflower and potato are tender. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Place half the cauliflower mixture in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat with remaining mixture. Add the cream. Place over low heat and cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls and drizzle with extra cream. Season with pepper.
Nutritions of Cream of cauliflower soupcalories: 157.74 calories
calories: 7 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 14 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 10 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 658.62 milligrams sodium