Serve up a satisfying winter main with this pea and spinach rice soup.
The ingredient of Rice soup with peas and spinach
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, pale section only, halved lengthways, sliced
- 60g thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups arborio rice
- 1 1/2 cups frozen baby peas
- 150g baby spinach
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
The instruction how to make Rice soup with peas and spinach
- Place oil, leeks, prosciutto and garlic in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until leek is tender.
- Add stock and water. Bring to the boil. Add rice. Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender but firm to the bite (there will be a lot of excess liquid).
- Cook peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute. Drain.
- Remove soup from heat. Stir in peas, spinach and parsley. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Rice soup with peas and spinachcalories: 432.112 calories
calories: 13 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 59 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 15 grams protein
calories: 9 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1368 milligrams sodium