Quick and easy, this creamy cauliflower soup can be on the table is less than half an hour.
The ingredient of Cauliflower and caraway soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 750g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 750ml Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 375ml can light evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped continental parsley
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- Caraway seeds, extra, for garnish (optional)
The instruction how to make Cauliflower and caraway soup
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and caraway seeds and cook for 3 minutes or until onion softens.
- Add the cauliflower and stock, increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. (See microwave tip.) Remove from heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Transfer 1/2 the soup to a blender or bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Repeat with remaining soup. Return the pureed soup to the saucepan. Stir in the evaporated milk. Cook over low heat, stirring, for 5 minutes or until just heated through. Do not boil. Stir through the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the extra caraway seeds, if using. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Cauliflower and caraway soupcalories: 93.21 calories
calories: 4 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 779.37 milligrams sodium