Chicken and corn is already a marriage made in heaven, but adding leek to this dish will ensure you have a tasty pie that the whole family will love.
The ingredient of Chicken, corn and leek pie recipe
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Fillets, chopped
- 2 bacon rashers, coarsely chopped
- 1 leek, pale section only, sliced
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (240g) frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) chicken stock
- 1 tbs miso paste
- 1/4 cup (60ml) thickened cream
- 2 tbs coarsely chopped tarragon or flat-leaf parsley
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, just thawed
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg, lightly whisked
- Coles Australian Beetroot Slaw, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken, corn and leek pie recipe
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook half the chicken, turning occasionally, for 5 mins or until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with the remaining oil and chicken.
- Add bacon, leek and celery to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until leek softens. Return chicken to the pan with corn. Sprinkle over the flour and stir for 2 mins or until well combined. Add the stock and miso paste and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until mixture boils and thickens. Add the cream and tarragon or parsley and stir to combine. Season. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Place the chicken mixture in an 8-cup (2L) ovenproof dish. Brush pastry sheets with egg. Use a star-shaped cutter to cut out stars and arrange over chicken mixture. Season with salt.
- Bake for 25-30 mins or until pastry is golden and pie is heated through. Serve with beetroot slaw.
Nutritions of Chicken, corn and leek pie recipecalories: 761.215 calories
calories: 36 grams fat
calories: 14 grams saturated fat
calories: 50 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 56 grams protein
calories: 1488 milligrams sodium