The ingredient of Roasted carrot and parsnip soup
- 1 parsnip, washed, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 1 kg carrots, washed, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups (1 litre) Massel chicken style liquid stock or vegetable liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra
- 1/4 cup sage leaves
The instruction how to make Roasted carrot and parsnip soup
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Place parsnip and carrot on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Sprinkle with brown sugar, salt and pepper and drizzle with the oil.
- Cook parsnip and carrot for 35 minutes or until soft and golden brown. Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes, then place in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place the parsnip and carrot puree in a large saucepan and add the stock and 2 cups of water. Bring to a high simmer over medium-low heat and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat the extra oil in a small non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sage leaves and fry until crisp and golden. Remove and place on paper towel.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top with the sage leaves and cracked black pepper.
Nutritions of Roasted carrot and parsnip soupcalories: 276.045 calories
calories: 20 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 17 grams carbohydrates
calories: 15 grams sugar
calories: 3 grams protein
calories: 1123.19 milligrams sodium