Impress the family with a pie that will rival even nannas. This korma chicken and vegetable pie is a hearty dish to serve up on cold weather days.
The ingredient of Korma chicken and vegetable pie recipe
- 500g Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 1 tbs sunflower oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 500g Coles Frozen Australian Peas, Carrots & Cauliflower
- 420g jar korma simmer sauce
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, just thawed
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg
- 120g pkt Coles Australian 4 Leaf Salad
The instruction how to make Korma chicken and vegetable pie recipe
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Place the chicken and flour in a bowl and toss until the chicken is lightly coated. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add half the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 mins or until the chicken is brown all over. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until onion softens. Return the chicken to the pan with the vegetables and simmer sauce. Bring just to a simmer. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Transfer the chicken mixture to a 6-cup (1.5L) pie dish. Arrange the pastry over the mixture in the dish and use a small sharp knife to trim the edge. Cut 3 small slits in the pastry. Whisk the egg in a small bowl with a little water and brush over the pastry.
- Bake for 30 mins or until the pastry is golden and puffed. Serve with the salad leaves.
Nutritions of Korma chicken and vegetable pie recipecalories: 474.893 calories
calories: 23 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 30 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12 grams sugar
calories: 33 grams protein
calories: 532 milligrams sodium